11/10/2015

TONY OKOROJI COMPLETES MAJEK FASHEK'S REHABILITATTION (SEE PICTURE)

                              

I have done many stupid things in my life that I just have no right to be alive. Repeatedly, I have done things that would make no sense to any normal person. Some will say that I am off the hook.

A normal person goes to work on a Monday morning and goes home at the end of the day, right? This past Monday morning, I went to work. When my colleagues shut down and went home, I stayed back. When they came back to the office on Tuesday morning, I was still working. I was still working when they left on Tuesday and came back on Wednesday … on and on all the way through Friday.


This Saturday ought to be the first time since Monday that I will probably get some sleep on my bed maybe for three sweet hours.
So where did I sleep during my sojourn at the COSON office? The truth is that I did not spend these many days and nights in the office to sleep. I went to work. Because body no be wood, now and again, I dosed off and crashed for thirty minutes or one hour here and there on my tiny mattress tucked into the corner of the COSON Boardroom. I will then pick myself up and continue to bang away at my long suffering lap top.

If you have ever had to organize a significant birthday party, a wedding or a burial, then you know how these things can drain you and sap your energy. You almost never come to the end of organizing any of these events without losing some weight.
Just three weeks from now, I will not be managing a birthday party, a wedding or a burial. I will be hosting the nation at seven massive events held over a seven day period at seven different and very challenging venues in Lagos. Each of the events has its unique complexities, demands and risks. Each event has to be done to the standard I have set for myself, a standard that does not tolerate mediocrity in any form.

You can therefore imagine the level of planning and details necessary to execute something as multifaceted as the COSON Week. As Abe, my young driver will say, ‘no be beans’.

I do not play the pool, neither do I do lottery. I work for what I want. I do not believe that great things or great nations happen by accident. I verily believe that they are the products of careful planning and hard work.

I am very worried that in my nation, there are too many people wishing, hoping or praying that things will happen. They are not doing much to make anything happen. They behave as if their future is like ‘kalu-kalu’. One day, the icons will align on the slot machine and hurray, they will hit jackpot.

There are many who have warned me that I will die because of my work schedule. I am already a grandfather and I love what I do. In any case, I know a few people who would celebrate if I were to kick the bucket so what the heck?

Seriously, there are just too many people in Nigeria afraid of work. Even when they beg to apply, it is not work that they want but money. They do not appreciate the concept of dignity of labour. To them, work is drudgery or punishment. This is has a relationship with the huge amount of looting which goes on around us. As our people go on wishing, hoping and praying, if at any point they set their eyes on any money, regardless of who owns it, they take it. In their mind, God has answered their prayer.

The output of any nation is the sum total of the output of the individuals within that nation. China which not long ago was a very poor country has become the world’s second largest economy. This is the product of the well-known work ethic of Chinese men and women. The great New York subway system is the product of hard work. The electric bulb, the telephone, the airplane, the motor car, the computer and everything else that today defines our lives is a product of hard work. If Nigerians truly want to enjoy the fruits of a great nation, we should get rid of the laziness and indolence that presently represents our lives and go ahead to work.

On Monday, I will be back in the office. I have promised Nigerians seven days of wow spectacle during the COSON Week (November 1 to 7). A promise is a debt.

I have been told that from ‘COSON in the Church’ on November 1 to ‘COSON Storms the Beach’ on November 7, people are making serious plans to storm the venues. I have been told that a lot of babes in Lagos have ordered their bikinis and bum shots to hit Atican Beach Resort on Saturday November 7. The great Majek Fashek that almost everyone gave up for dead is back! Just yesterday, he came to COSON looking very new to thank me for initiating the campaign that may have saved his life. The new Majek Fashek along with his group, Prisoner of Conscience 911 is leading an armada of 100 of Nigeria’s topmost stars including Vector the Viper, Chidinma, Ras Kimono, Baba Dee, Ycee, Chuddy K, Young Grace, Adekunle Gold, Joel, Show Dem Camp, Solid Star, etc. for a show never to be forgotten at Atican Beach Resort.




cknnigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment