29/06/2015

Help find my missing father, 6-year-old boy cries out

                                  

LAGOS—Six-year-old Michael Daniel, has called on the government to help find his father, Abel Daniel, 41, who has reportedly gone missing. According to reports, Abel was last seen while driving his Nissan Prado, SUV, with number plate EY118SMK.

According to his younger brother, Etim Daniel, “Abel Daniel is my elder brother.   We live together at No. 3, Owoyemi Street, Sango, Ogun State. We are three living together, myself, himself and his only son. He got the son out of wedlock when he was in school.  
He has a fiancée based in Akwa Ibom State.”Vanguard learned that the boy’s father is a member of Man’O War, with office on No. 17, Abule, behind Etiebette House in Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja. He was posted to work as a security man in a yet-to-be identified company situated at No. 7c, Adeomo Apija, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.

“His fiancée called me on phone on Thursday, the day I wanted to go to Sango police station to report the incident. She said that she called him on Wednesday 17, June 2015, which was the day Abel left the house without telling anybody where he was going with his car. She said that he told her that he would not go to work on that Wednesday and Thursday.

On Thursday, the following day, she called him again and the phone was switched off. After several trials to get him on phone failed, she then called me and asked me of Abel, that his phone was switched off. I told her that Abel left house on Wednesday and had not come back and when I tried to get him on phone, his handset was switched off.   Later that day, I went to Sango police station with one woman and reported the matter, on Thursday being 18th of June, 2015. I called one of the people working with him there and he said he had not seen Abel.

“I am also under the employment of MAN’ O WAR and do security work. At times, I come back late or I stay two to three days without coming home.   But, I used to call Abel on phone to inform him anytime I do not want to come back. He is always home because of his six years old son, Michael Abel Daniel, who is schooling in a private school at Sango. He finds it difficult to sleep outside because of his son. Now, I have to be taking his son to school and bringing him back. I took excuse from my working place and they allowed me to go and look for my missing brother.”

Vanguard gathered that all efforts to pacify Abel’s son failed as he has been weeping profusely since his father got missing.   He has no mother to comfort him , he is asking police to help find his missing father. Contacted for advice, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ogun State, Muyiwa Adejobi said “Ok, we will find out and get back to you soon.”





Credit: Kingsley Igbinosa


No comments:

Post a Comment