24/12/2014

Is Jumia playing gimmick on customers?

                           
                             


Jumia online retail shop which has pride itself as the best online shop with many undeserved award demonstrated one of their poor customer service recently. On the 12/12/14 which was their splash sale sold most of their products on a slash price and I bought two product from them that day, one being an iphone 52 and BlackBerry Q10, after some minutes I got a call from their customer agent that I have to cancel one order so that another person can benefit from the slash sale, I said ok and cancel the iphone 5s.
From my details (order number 304465726) they have my delivery address and my contact number, their delivery period takes 3-8 working days, on the fourth day I called their customer care line (01-4604400) one of their call agent by name Emeka told me that the order has being shipped that I will get the delivery soon.


This got repeated for the next three days, surprisingly on Friday being 19/12/14 I got a mail that my order has being cancel due to failed delivery attempts by their dispatch riders. When I sent a mail to them I still got same reply, when I called their customer line again, one Miss Lydia picked it and told me that there is nothing they can do, so I demanded that I speak with their senior supervisor she LIED to me that they are having a meeting by 12:45 PM on a Monday afternoon, after ten minutes I called again another person picked and I told her that I want to speak to a senior supervisor and the call was transferred to Ifeoma who I believe is a senior call rep.

When I detailed my story to her that at no time did any of their dispatch rider came to my office, she volunteered to look into the matter, by 3.50 that same day she called me back and told me that she has traced the dispatch rider and the man said that he came to my office and saw me and i told him that I no longer want the product (she herself told me that she knows that the dispatch rider is lying) and at no time was there any attempt made to deliver the order to my office, so I asked her that I want to come and see the dispatch rider she told me that it hasn’t gotten to this that she will still give me a call back this morning saying that any order cancelled can not be delivered again that I should go online and reorder again. As at the time of this report I have called Jumia customer care line for God knows how many times with no good response from them. Yet this is a company that prides themselves as the First online retail shop in Nigeria. I strongly believe that I am not the only victim that has gone through this ugly experience.


....aggrieved customer - Arinze   

No comments:

Post a Comment