11/05/2016

Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria

                   



Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari says he does not want an apology from UK Prime Minister David Cameron for describing his country as "fantastically corrupt" - but he does want the repatriation of assets stashed in the UK by corrupt Nigerians. Speaking at an anti-corruption conference in London, he said:

"No. I am not going to demand any apology from anybody. What I am demanding is the return of assets. I have already mentioned how Britain really led and how disgraceful one of the Nigerian executives was. He had to dress like a woman to leave Britain and leave behind him his bank account and fixed assets, which Britain is prepared to hand over to us. This is what I am asking for. What would I do with an apology. I need something tangible."





























https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status

No comments:

Post a Comment