16/02/2016

BABY ACCUSED OF BEING A WITCH RESCUED BY WHITE WOMAN

                        BABY ACCUSED OF BEING A WITCH RESCUED BY WHITE WOMAN


A baby that was abandoned and left to die after he was accused of being a witch in Eket in Akwa-Ibom State, has been rescued by a white woman. The baby boy’s age is put at two years old and was found emaciated and riddled with worms after wandering through the streets for eight months on January 31.
Renamed Hope by his rescuer, a Dane, Anja Ringgren Lovén, who founded African Children’s Aid Education and Development Foundation.
hope-4

Anja is married to a Nigerian, David Emmanuel Umem (both pictured), the couple live in Eket and run an orphanage. A series of heartbreaking photos posted on Anja’s facebook page show the emaciated boy, being looked after by humanitarian workers.

She also wrote: ‘I’ve seen much here in Nigeria over the last 3 years.
‘I have spared you.. [from] many experiences when we’ve been on the rescue operations.

‘Thousands of children are being accused of being witches and we’ve both seen torture of children, dead children and frightened children.

‘This footage shows why I fight. Why I sold everything I own. Why I’m moving out in uncharted territory.’

Anja wrote two days later: ‘He is a strong little boy. To see him sit and play with my own son is without a doubt the greatest experience of my life.

‘I simply do not know how to describe it in words. This is what makes life so beautiful and valuable and I will let the pictures here speak for themselves.’
Within two days of Anja asking for community’s help with Hope’s costly medical bills, she received $1million in donations from around the world.

‘With all the money, we can, besides giving Hope the very best treatment, now also build a doctor clinic on the new land and save many more children out of torture!’ she said.




orijoreporter.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment