14/01/2015

Fashola replies Jonathan: You have failed, not my generation

                         

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has publicly disagreed with President Goodluck Jonathan over the statement that his generation has failed Nigerians, saying, “You (Jonathan) failed Nigeria because my generation did not fail this country.”

President Jonathan had made the statement last Thursday while addressing youths at the flag-off of the PDP campaign held at the Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos.



Fashola however reacted at the 2015, First Quarter of the Town Hall meeting with stakeholders in the transportation sector held in Agidingbi, Ikeja, which also had in attendance Governorship candidate of the APC in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode and others.
“He (Jonathan) is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s, and we appear to be, because I don’t even want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed, I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not join us." 
The governor urged Jonathan to accept responsibility over his failure to address the challenges confronting the nation over the last six years of his administration rather than point accusing fingers to past leaders, “late President Musa Yar ‘Adua’s short tenure was better than that of this administration.


Fashola said; “He (Jonathan) said his generation has failed, he should account for himself because I refuse to join the generation the President was referring to."

Fashola described the Jonathan administration as “A failed government that has lost total focus. Seven years ago, they started with Vision 2020 but later they said that they are transforming. And all these have yielded no result. And that was why they have stopped working."



Credit: Olufamous.com

No comments:

Post a Comment